MEC scoops £45m Kingfisher media
Kingfisher has handed MEC its consolidated £45 million media planning and buying business for its B&Q, TradePoint and Screwfix brands.
B&Q: Kingfisher brand's creative review is ongoing
The appointment, which coincides with the ongoing B&Q creative review, follows a final head-to-head with ZenithOptimedia.
MEC was the incumbent on the media planning for the £34 million B&Q business, while ZenithOptimedia handled its media buying.
ZenithOptimedia also looked after the media planning and buying for Screwfix, the online supplier of trade tools that spends £6 million on media, according to Nielsen.
Carat Manchester was the incumbent on B&Q’s TradePoint brand, which targets building professionals. Carat was involved in the pitch process at its early stages.
Kingfisher launched the review in August with the consultant Paul Longhurst.
A result on B&Q’s creative contest is expected imminently, with Karmarama and WCRS vying for the account. McCann London, the incumbent, pulled out of the process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London