MEC scoops £45m Kingfisher media
Kingfisher has handed MEC its consolidated £45 million media planning and buying business for its B&Q, TradePoint and Screwfix brands.
B&Q: Kingfisher brand's creative review is ongoing
The appointment, which coincides with the ongoing B&Q creative review, follows a final head-to-head with ZenithOptimedia.
MEC was the incumbent on the media planning for the £34 million B&Q business, while ZenithOptimedia handled its media buying.
ZenithOptimedia also looked after the media planning and buying for Screwfix, the online supplier of trade tools that spends £6 million on media, according to Nielsen.
Carat Manchester was the incumbent on B&Q’s TradePoint brand, which targets building professionals. Carat was involved in the pitch process at its early stages.
Kingfisher launched the review in August with the consultant Paul Longhurst.
A result on B&Q’s creative contest is expected imminently, with Karmarama and WCRS vying for the account. McCann London, the incumbent, pulled out of the process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...