Domino's debuts gluten-free pizza
Domino's Pizza is launching its first-ever gluten-free pizzas, which have been accredited by Coeliac UK and will be available from 19 November.
Domino's: launches gluten-free pizzas
Domino's is claiming to be the first major delivery chain to provide a pizza suitable for coeliacs and those who are gluten intolerant. They will cost the same as Domino's other pizzas.
Domino's says it is launching the pizza due to public demand. The launch of the gluten-free offering will initially be supported by PR activity, which could be followed by above-the-line work.
The new pizza base will be suitable for those who are allergic to dairy or lactose intolerant, and as with all Domino's pizzas, are made to order from scratch. They can also be ordered without cheese to provide a dairy-free pizza.
Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director for Domino’s, said: "It’s been a long time coming but we can’t wait to officially launch our new gluten-free pizza. We’ve worked long and hard with Coeliac UK and our new product development team to develop a product which is not only gluten-free but really tastes great too.
"We hope the product will bring the enjoyment of pizza to a new set of customers who, until now, haven’t been able to tuck into a Domino’s with their friends and family."
Sarah Sleet, Coeliac UK chief executive, said: "We know that eating out safely is a top concern for people with coeliac disease, who must follow a strict gluten-free diet for life. We are working with the catering industry to help them deliver good quality menu choices for people with coeliac disease and are delighted that Domino's is recognising the importance of catering for this market."
Domino's also recently began offering a movie-streaming service alongside its pizzas with the launch of its Domino's Pizza Box Office service.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire