Corona Extra unveils beach volleyball app
Corona Extra, the Mexican beer, is launching a beach volleyball and beer-finder app inspired by "the fun of a Cancun beach".
Corona Extra: brand launches beach volleyball and beer-finder app
The augmented reality-based (AR) app, created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay and developers Harmony Park, allows Corona fans to play their friends at beach volleyball and also find the closest pub or shop stocking Corona.
The app opens up into a 3D beach volleyball game by pointing an AR-enabled phone at a bottle of Corona. Molson Coors claims it is the world's first natural feature-tracking AR game linked to a physical product.
Working with supermarkets and pub groups Mitchells & Butlers and JD Wetherspoon to help increase their footfall, Corona fans will receive a text when they are close to a participating shop or licensed venue to inform them of the brand's availability and invite them to download the new app.
Simon Pick, senior brand manager for Corona, said: "Corona is a brand that has huge appeal amongst young and ambitious people who like to stand out from the crowd.
"Appealing to this group with digital and social media is vital as we grow the Corona Extra brand in the UK. But the most important element of this campaign is that we're working with Corona stockists and targeting consumers directly, making their shops and pubs the place to be."
The app can be downloaded for free and works on iPhones, iPads and mobile devices powered by Android.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...