Peugeot, Honda and Selfridges back Children in Need
Brands including Peugeot, Honda and Selfridges are showing support for tonight's Children in Need fundraiser with activity including Peugeot replacing its lion logo with Pudsey Bear.
Peugeot: rolls out Pudsey logo
Peugeot is using an image of the charity mascot to replicate the pose of its longstanding lion logo.
Digital agency CMW created the campaign, which includes Pudsey-branded full-page ads in The Sun, Metro and The Times that will be supported by a "Pudsey takeover" of the car brand's social media properties.
Money will be raised for the charity by the Pudsey's Dream Wheels online game, which allows users to design their own car and make a small donation and enter their design into a competition to win a Peugeot 208.
Rival automotive manufacturer Honda is helping raise money for the charity by selling the motorbike ridden by Daniel Craig in the latest James Bond movie, 'Skyfall', on eBay.
The modified Honda CRF250R motorbike is currently being auctioned on the site and featured in the opening scene of Skyfall where Bond rode across the top of the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul.
Bids for the bike will be open until midnight on Thursday 22 November with Honda hoping tens of thousands of pounds will be raised for charity via the auction.
Meanwhile, retail brands including Selfridges and Paul Smith are also supporting the Children in Need fundraiser.
Selfridges is selling a 10-inch version of Pudsey featuring an S-embossed t-shirt and yellow eyepatch, while designer Paul Smith has designed a Pudsey, which was auctioned at Christies yesterday.
Children in Need is running its flagship fundraising show tonight on BBC One and comes at a time of crisis for the broadcaster as it battles to cope with the fallout from the Jimmy Savile paedophilia scandal.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1