Cillit Bang brings backs Barry Scott for £5m push
Reckitt Benckiser is launching a £5m push for its Cillit Bang cleaning brand today (19 November) that brings a return for brand ambassador Barry Scott to its TV ads after a four-year hiatus.
Cillit Bang: Barry Scott returns to star in campaign for cleaning brand
The TV campaign, created by Havas Worldwide, breaks tonight during ITV's 'Coronation Street'. The campaign will run into the new year, driving the brand's three main products – Limescale and Shine, Grease and Sparkle and Bleach and Hygiene.
Teaser ads have been running over the past four days, playing as idents for programmes 'Loose Women', 'The X Factor' and 'This Morning'. The idents ask, "Who's back?" at the start of a programme, and answer with the end ident stating, "Barry's back!"
RB launched Cillit Bang in 2004, claiming that the product marked the creation of a new power-cleaning segment in the market, and used Barry Scott in its TV activity until 2008.
In February, however, Scott was used by RB for the launch of Cillit Bang product, All in 1 Dish & Surface cleaner, which was sold exclusively through a direct-to-consumer platform on Facebook. The digital push saw Scott joined by his "twin" brother, Harry Scott.
Jérôme Lemaire, RB UK marketing director, said: "Like Cillit Bang, Barry cuts through to the heart of the matter. His directness truly reflects the Cillit Bang 'Turbo Power' message, which is about 'removing stains in seconds'.
"Cillit Bang has been a phenomenon – firstly creating a completely new niche in the cleaning sector and also in the way in which the brand, along with Barry, captured the imagination of the public. You hear the words Cillit Bang and you think of a cleaner that does what is says it will do."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...