British Airways apologises for offensive tweet
British Airways has issued an apology to consumers through its Twitter account after re-tweeting an offensive message that was deleted almost instantly.
British Airways: apologises on Twitter
The airline's @British_Airways account has 211,609 followers. On Saturday it re-tweeted a message that used the racist term "g***" and the phrase "f**k off back to where you came from," according to reports.
Consumers re-tweeted the message and British Airways deleted it quickly.
The airline then issued an apology to its followers, which said: "We apologise for the offence caused. We are currently investigating how this happened."
The apology was then retweeted by over 160 followers.
The original message was sent by a user called Jae Jang Ladd, who tweeted: "@British_Airways F*** you. F***** cancelling my flight! #bunchofc****".
Another Twitter user called Asian Ronaldo re-tweeted Ladd’s original message, adding the offensive statement: "go back to your f****** country you g***". This was the message re-tweeted by British Airways.
It is thought that British Airways officials are now investigating the possibility that the account had been hacked.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...