Top Right Group spins off Broadcast to former editor Dignam
Broadcast, Screen International and Shots magazines have been offloaded by Top Right Group to former Broadcast editor Conor Dignam as part of a management buyout.
Top Right Group today (19 November) announced that it has agreed an approach from Dignam, managing director of its publishing division, Emap media brands.
Dignam is setting up a new company, called Media Business Insight Limited, which will house the three trade titles.
Dignam said: "I joined EMAP as editor of Broadcast in 2002 and have led the media brands for over three years so am thrilled to have been given the opportunity to take Broadcast, Screen and Shots to an independent future."
Natasha Christie-Miller, chief executive of Emap, said: "This is a great opportunity for Broadcast, Screen International and shots to carve out their own successful future under Conor’s leadership. No further EMAP restructure or portfolio change is anticipated.
"EMAP is transforming into a subscriber-led, content-driven and customer-obsessed multi-channel media business. Our strategy remains to focus our investments on brands that have a high growth potential, in scale industries where we are or can be the number one.
"We are investing particularly heavily in our brands serving the retail, fashion, construction, health and architecture sectors where we are already seeing fast, sustainable return."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)