Top Right Group spins off Broadcast to former editor Dignam
Broadcast, Screen International and Shots magazines have been offloaded by Top Right Group to former Broadcast editor Conor Dignam as part of a management buyout.
Top Right Group today (19 November) announced that it has agreed an approach from Dignam, managing director of its publishing division, Emap media brands.
Dignam is setting up a new company, called Media Business Insight Limited, which will house the three trade titles.
Dignam said: "I joined EMAP as editor of Broadcast in 2002 and have led the media brands for over three years so am thrilled to have been given the opportunity to take Broadcast, Screen and Shots to an independent future."
Natasha Christie-Miller, chief executive of Emap, said: "This is a great opportunity for Broadcast, Screen International and shots to carve out their own successful future under Conor’s leadership. No further EMAP restructure or portfolio change is anticipated.
"EMAP is transforming into a subscriber-led, content-driven and customer-obsessed multi-channel media business. Our strategy remains to focus our investments on brands that have a high growth potential, in scale industries where we are or can be the number one.
"We are investing particularly heavily in our brands serving the retail, fashion, construction, health and architecture sectors where we are already seeing fast, sustainable return."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...