Edwin van der Sar returns to Ajax as marketing director
Former Manchester United star goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar is returning to his first major club Ajax as marketing director.
Edwin van der Sar: appointed marketing director at Ajax (photo: Paul Blank)
The Dutch goalkeeper began his senior playing career with Ajax in Amsterdam and ended it after six years at Manchester United, retiring in 2011.
Van der Sar has joined the board of the club, along with Michael Kinsbergen, who will be managing director.
Hans Weijers, Ajax chief executive said: "Van der Sar had a fantastic career and also has natural leadership, and therefore the potential to be our managing director in the future,"
Former Dutch football stars including Dennis Bergkamp and Marc Overmars are also part of the set-up at Ajax.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing and Design Assiatnt Stopgap £20000 - £24000 per annum, South East England
- LEAD UX DESIGNER - SOUTH MANCHESTER - £58-60K + BONUS + BENEFIT Salt £55000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Lancashire