Edwin van der Sar returns to Ajax as marketing director
Former Manchester United star goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar is returning to his first major club Ajax as marketing director.
Edwin van der Sar: appointed marketing director at Ajax (photo: Paul Blank)
The Dutch goalkeeper began his senior playing career with Ajax in Amsterdam and ended it after six years at Manchester United, retiring in 2011.
Van der Sar has joined the board of the club, along with Michael Kinsbergen, who will be managing director.
Hans Weijers, Ajax chief executive said: "Van der Sar had a fantastic career and also has natural leadership, and therefore the potential to be our managing director in the future,"
Former Dutch football stars including Dennis Bergkamp and Marc Overmars are also part of the set-up at Ajax.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall