Edwin van der Sar returns to Ajax as marketing director
Former Manchester United star goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar is returning to his first major club Ajax as marketing director.
Edwin van der Sar: appointed marketing director at Ajax (photo: Paul Blank)
The Dutch goalkeeper began his senior playing career with Ajax in Amsterdam and ended it after six years at Manchester United, retiring in 2011.
Van der Sar has joined the board of the club, along with Michael Kinsbergen, who will be managing director.
Hans Weijers, Ajax chief executive said: "Van der Sar had a fantastic career and also has natural leadership, and therefore the potential to be our managing director in the future,"
Former Dutch football stars including Dennis Bergkamp and Marc Overmars are also part of the set-up at Ajax.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Marcomms Account Director Stopgap £35000 - £55000 per annum, East Midlands
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...