Starcom's Jayne Stephens takes sponsorship role at 'X Factor' producer
FremantleMedia Enterprises (FME), the brand extension arm of 'The X Factor' producer FremantleMedia, has hired Jayne Stephens, sponsorship and content director at Starcom MediaVest Group, as head of brand partnerships, UK.
Jayne Stephens: joins FremantleMedia Enterprises in sponsorship role
Stephens will be responsible for increasing revenues from sponsors by developing strategic off-air partnerships, as well as product-placement and ad-funded opportunities.
She will work with ad, media and digital agencies, as well as with brands directly, in order to develop partnerships with TV shows such as 'The X Factor', ‘Britain’s Got Talent', 'Take Me Out' and 'Celebrity Juice'.
Stephens will report to Dominic Burns, senior vice-president, licensing and entertainment, FME. The role is not new but has been vacant since the departure of Mark Rosengk last year.
Having worked at Starcom MediaVest Group since 1997, Stephens was most recently sponsorship and content director working on brands such as BlackBerry, Samsung, Heineken, Honda and Procter & Gamble.
Earlier in her career, Stephens worked at CIA Media, now part of MEC, and in the media department of JWT.
Burns said: "As we look to further our already successful track record in creating unique and exciting brand extension activities, Jayne was the clear choice to lead the initiative."
FremantleMedia is part of the RTL Group.
A spokeswoman for Starcom MediaVest Group had not confirmed by the time of publication whether Stephens would be directly replaced.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London