BP seeks 'more positive' sentiment with return to advertising
BP plans to return to above-the-line advertising next year with a campaign showcasing the contribution the company makes to society, as it looks to draw a line under the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
BP: plotting campaign to launch in 2013
The brand is developing a push, to roll out in March, focusing on BP's cultural sponsorships, including its long-term partnerships with the Royal Opera House and British Museum and this summer's Olympic Games.
The TV, print and online activity is intended to 'make people feel more positive' about BP nearly three years on from the devastating oil spill, according to a source.
A BP spokesman said 'no final decision' on a campaign had yet been made.
BP pulled its UK marketing in the wake of the spill, and returned only this year with a campaign to promote its sponsorship of London 2012.
BP was recently hit by the biggest fine in US history, after agreeing a $4.5bn settlement with the authorities over its part in the disaster, which killed 11 workers and dispersed millions of barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...