News Corp Australia appoints UM, Mediacom and ZenithOptimedia
News Corp Australia has appointed Mediabrands' UM to handle the News Limited business, GroupM's Mediacom to Foxtel and Publicis' ZenithOptimedia to Twentieth Century Fox, after a competitive pitch.
Rupert Murdoch: chairman and CEO of News Corporation
News Corp's media accounts have been consolidated with ZenithOptimedia for the past seven years, reports Campaign Asia Pacific.
News Corp Australia decided to split its media business as part of a groupwide initiative to "put customers at the centre", according to Kim Williams, chief executive, News Limited. He said: "It is imperative that we go to market with detailed, data-driven insights that respond well to expressed needs and consumption preferences."
Williams said the three agencies each have particular strengths that make them "ideal partners".
"During the pitch process it became clear that MediaBrands has a deep understanding of News Limited and the many opportunities for us to grow our business," Williams continued. "UM’s commitment to innovation and their in-house analytical capabilities will be invaluable as we re-engineer News and our brands for all the platforms our consumers love – print, online, mobile, tablet and broadcast."
Richard Freudenstein, chief executive, Foxtel, said Mediacom on the other hand, demonstrated "quality and depth" that will greatly enhance Foxtel’s capacity to tell its story of delivering a better entertainment experience.
Marc Wooldridge, managing director, Twentieth Century Fox, said: "ZenithOptimedia put forward a compelling pitch, demonstrating strategic planning excellence and focus on consumer insights with clear commercial application."
News Corp is expecting to complete its review of its master media brands account in the next few weeks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1