Brands line up for start-up mentoring scheme
Executives from William Hill, CBS Outdoor and BBC Worldwide are to mentor 10 early stage companies that are developing technologies that help brands engage with consumers.
Collider12: mentoring scheme opens its doors to start ups
The early stage companies are being chosen from a pool of applicants by investor group Pembridge as part of a public and private programme called Collider12.
The executives, who include William Hill’s head of strategy and corporate development Robin Chhabra, will provide mentoring over 13 weeks from early 2013.
Creative England, a body backed by the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills, is providing a £50,000 loan to each of the 10 successful applicants.
Pembridge’s investors, which include Ingenious, are providing £50,000 of equity to each successful applicant. Pembridge has also recruited the mentors from William Hill, CBS Outdoor and BBC Worldwide and is providing other business coaches, accountants and lawyers.
CBS Outdoor’s mentor is Dan Cresta, head of client strategy, and BBC Worldwide’s is Chris Whiteley, vice-president digital strategy and new business development.
Chhabra said: "Innovation is crucial to the continued success of companies like William Hill. This is a great opportunity to bring innovation and experience together, by combining the energy and new thinking of the start-ups with the insights and practical application of well-established and high-profile brands."
According to Pembridge the prospective participants are in fields including enhancing physical products with virtual services, campaign measurement, augmented reality, social media, mobile and "big data".
The first investors will have first right of refusal over further opportunities to invest in the start-ups.Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...