Stelios launches fastjet airline with digital push
Fastjet, the low-cost African airline backed by Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, has rolled out a digital marketing campaign to mark this week's launch.
Fastjet: Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou's low-cost African airline takes off
Digital agency Bozboz has built fastjet’s site, www.fastjet.com, which is mobile-ready and features the company’s distinctive yellow branding and an African Grey parrot.
The low-cost airline launched this week as Sir Stelios sought to replicate the success he achieved with easyJet.
Bozboz has created a 12-month content strategy for the brand, targeting middle-class consumers in Africa who are looking for low-cost air travel and focusing on social media activity across Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Fastjet began selling tickets in Tanzania earlier this month and will roll out across Kenya and Uganda later.
Haji-Ioannou revealed plans for fastjet in September last year, when he unveiled a holding site for the brand, which stated, "coming soon". In December the businessman signed a deal with investment company Rubicon Diversified Investments to develop an aircraft business model for Africa.
Haji-Ioannou's easyGroup Holdings owns 5% of fastjet and has the option to acquire another 10%. He is also a director of the airline.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London