Stelios launches fastjet airline with digital push
Fastjet, the low-cost African airline backed by Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, has rolled out a digital marketing campaign to mark this week's launch.
Fastjet: Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou's low-cost African airline takes off
Digital agency Bozboz has built fastjet’s site, www.fastjet.com, which is mobile-ready and features the company’s distinctive yellow branding and an African Grey parrot.
The low-cost airline launched this week as Sir Stelios sought to replicate the success he achieved with easyJet.
Bozboz has created a 12-month content strategy for the brand, targeting middle-class consumers in Africa who are looking for low-cost air travel and focusing on social media activity across Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Fastjet began selling tickets in Tanzania earlier this month and will roll out across Kenya and Uganda later.
Haji-Ioannou revealed plans for fastjet in September last year, when he unveiled a holding site for the brand, which stated, "coming soon". In December the businessman signed a deal with investment company Rubicon Diversified Investments to develop an aircraft business model for Africa.
Haji-Ioannou's easyGroup Holdings owns 5% of fastjet and has the option to acquire another 10%. He is also a director of the airline.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...