Eat opens Strand concept store
Eat, the cafe chain, is opening a flagship store tomorrow on The Strand in London, to showcase its new branding and store-design that will roll out across all 120 stores from next year.
Eat: opens concept store on The Strand
Eat has described the redesign as its most radical change since its launch in 1996. It is being backed by an expansion plan, including a new restaurant at Reading’s Oracle shopping centre. The growth will fuel the creation of 300 and 400 jobs every year during the next four to five years.
The new store on The Strand introduces a number of design changes including an open kitchen and a digital menu board that will be linked to Eat's website and Twitter feed. The menu will tell customers what will be available tomorrow and during the following week, while the new self-service area will display freshly baked foods at breakfast, followed by afternoon tea, from lunchtime onwards.
New food and drink lines, including Cortado coffee, a Spanish form of espresso with a small dash of steamed milk, are also being introduced at The Strand.
The branch redesign has been overseen by architects and designers Stiff + Trevillion, while the new branding has been created by design agency The Plant.
Sarah Doyle, Eat’s marketing director, said: "We are very excited to be unveiling Eat's new look which we feel reflects the core principles on which our brand was originally founded.
"It is modern and stylish, yet also has a natural, simple and handcrafted feel, which reflects the essence of our food. The new design marks the start of a new stage of growth and expansion for the business."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)