Eat opens Strand concept store
Eat, the cafe chain, is opening a flagship store tomorrow on The Strand in London, to showcase its new branding and store-design that will roll out across all 120 stores from next year.
Eat: opens concept store on The Strand
Eat has described the redesign as its most radical change since its launch in 1996. It is being backed by an expansion plan, including a new restaurant at Reading’s Oracle shopping centre. The growth will fuel the creation of 300 and 400 jobs every year during the next four to five years.
The new store on The Strand introduces a number of design changes including an open kitchen and a digital menu board that will be linked to Eat's website and Twitter feed. The menu will tell customers what will be available tomorrow and during the following week, while the new self-service area will display freshly baked foods at breakfast, followed by afternoon tea, from lunchtime onwards.
New food and drink lines, including Cortado coffee, a Spanish form of espresso with a small dash of steamed milk, are also being introduced at The Strand.
The branch redesign has been overseen by architects and designers Stiff + Trevillion, while the new branding has been created by design agency The Plant.
Sarah Doyle, Eat’s marketing director, said: "We are very excited to be unveiling Eat's new look which we feel reflects the core principles on which our brand was originally founded.
"It is modern and stylish, yet also has a natural, simple and handcrafted feel, which reflects the essence of our food. The new design marks the start of a new stage of growth and expansion for the business."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...