G2 Joshua's Hipperson resigns as group CEO
G2 Joshua's group chief executive, Tim Hipperson, has resigned and will leave the agency next year.
Hipperson: leaves in April
He will depart the WPP-owned direct and digital shop two years after taking on the newly created role in 2010.
The departure marks the second time Hipperson has left WPP. He was previously the chief executive of RMG Connect, but left the agency after a restructure in 2009 that saw it merged into its sister shop, JWT London.
It is unclear what Hipperson’s plans are, but it is thought that he has lined up another job in advertising after his departure in April. G2 Joshua has yet to name a replacement for the position, which reports to Pietro Leone, the chief executive for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Last year, G2 Joshua moved into RMG’s former office in Knightsbridge after a rebrand from G2 to G2 Joshua to encompass the shop’s original name, Joshua.
It subsequently won seven new clients, including Chevrolet, and boosted its headcount by 55 per cent. Its most recent account win was the Emirates advertising business in October.
Before joining RMG in 2006, Hipperson’s career also included a stint as the global director of relationship marketing at DraftFCB.
Hipperson launched a consultancy, Morph, after leaving RMG that provided mergers and acquisitions support. It has since closed.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)