X Factor final to see drop in ad revenue
ITV's ad revenue haul from the X Factor final is expected to decline by around one-fifth this year as smaller audiences have pushed prices down to between £150,000 and £170,000 for a 30-second spot.
X Factor final: ad revenue down from last year
The final, aired across a pair of two-hour shows on 8-9 December, could bring in around £14 million in ad revenue for ITV. Athough this is below recent years, it remains the biggest show in ad revenue terms for the broadcaster.
While The X Factor audiences have been smaller this year, the series has remained popular with big brands advertising in the run-up to Christmas, including John Lewis, Morrisons, EE and Barclaycard.
Although the cost of spots will depend on where they sit in the break and what break they are in, as well as the terms of agency deals, ITV is understood to be asking for premiums of around 60 per cent on its usual rates.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...