Novartis opens pitch for global brand launch
Novartis, the pharmaceutical giant, is searching for a global advertising agency to handle the international roll-out of an over-the-counter product.
Excedrin: sources say the advertising brief could relate to the US pain-relief brand
An RFI has been issued to a number of agencies, including UK-based shops, from the Denmark-based intermediary Hestbaek Consult. The brief, dubbed "Project Cool", covers the provision of advertising to support the launch of a product, which is not named in the RFI, across markets in regions including Europe, the US and Asia.
Novartis, which has its headquarters in Basel, Switzerland and has a presence in more than 140 countries, will require the appointed agency to target consumers as well as healthcare professionals.
Agency sources have speculated that the brief relates to a wider roll-out of the Novartis US pain-relief brand Excedrin. They said Excedrin, which spends around $45 million on US advertising, could be set for a global launch that will require a positive brand awareness campaign following a product recall in the US this year.
Novartis works with a number of agencies including DraftFCB London, Wunderman Switzerland and Grey Group.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London