Tesco rolls We7 brand into Blinkbox
Tesco has dropped the digital music service We7's brand name, rolling it into its non-subscription digital film and TV service, Blinkbox.
Blinkbox: launch campaign by Karmarama
The supermarket bought a 91% stake in the digital music service, which competes with Spotify, for £10.8m in June, as part of its strategy to expand its digital entertainment strategy.
It is also bringing its digital book service, Mobcast under the Blinkbox name to create a unified digital entertainment brand. Tesco is dropping the We7 brand name immediately.
The supermarket chain is putting greater marketing muscle behind Blinkbox, rolling out its first ad campaign for the service – in which it owns an 80% stake – earlier this month.
It is aiming to take on the pure-play digital entertainment services by tying the service into its multichannel offering. Rival supermarket Sainsbury’s recently entered the digital film market, through a partnership with Rovi.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...