SodaStream takes a pop at rivals in £11m global push
SodaStream, the carbonated drinks maker, is launching an £11m global marketing campaign that hits out at the fizzy drinks industry and its mass use of plastic bottles.
The campaign, created by Alex Bogusky and Rob Schuham at Common Agency, and directed by Daniel Benmayor, features people using their SodaStream machines to make sparkling drinks.
Each time a consumer activates their machine, a batch of unidentified soft drinks in plastic bottles spontaneously self combust, while the voiceover states, "With SodaStream you can save 1,000 bottles a year".
Dubbed 'The SodaStream Effect', the campaign showcases the new logo, packaging and the new strapline, which advises, "If you love the bubbles, set them free".
The campaign breaks tonight during ITV1's 'I'm a Celebrity', and runs globally in markets including America, Australia and Sweden.
The ad also promotes the brand's new machine, he source’, which has been designed by Yves Béhar, who specialises in sustainable design.
Ilan Nacasch, chief marketing officer, SodaStream, said: "The SodaStream Effect is aimed at establishing a strong brand image and distinct lifestyle positioning.
During the summer SodaStream launched a sampling campaign to demonstrate its range of flavours, following PR and experiential activity that had indirectly targeted soft-drinks giant Coca-Cola.
The brand set up a cage in London’s Piccadilly Circus, which it filled with plastic bottles collected from the street. The cage's sign read, "One family five years 7,050 bottles".Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...