John Lewis extends Christmas ad campaign with book launch
John Lewis is launching a book that tells the story of the snowman and his journey, which are the subject of the retailer's high profile Christmas campaign.
John Lewis: 'the journey' Christmas campaign
John Lewis has attributed a lift in its crafts offering to its Christmas ad campaign. Items on sale include a 'Knit Your Own Snowman'.
John Lewis is also set to launch a Countdown to Christmas event in stores this weekend to capitalist on a social media campaign about the snowman's journey.
The Twitter campaign uses the hashtag #snowmanjourney to track its experiential campaign that is photographing the snowman in different towns around the country.
Sales for the retailer are up 7.6% year on year for the week ending 17 November with a strong performance in electrical and home technology driving the growth with a 22.2% jump in sales.
Tablets are leading the way on sales in the communication technology sector with John Lewis reporting that all the major brand are selling well.
Brands including Samsung, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon and Google are all heavily pushing tablets in the run up to Christmas.
John Lewis has also attributed strong sales in cushions, throws, lighting and bed lined to marketing activity for its home section focusing on people "feeling cosy".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...