John Lewis extends Christmas ad campaign with book launch
John Lewis is launching a book that tells the story of the snowman and his journey, which are the subject of the retailer's high profile Christmas campaign.
John Lewis: 'the journey' Christmas campaign
John Lewis has attributed a lift in its crafts offering to its Christmas ad campaign. Items on sale include a 'Knit Your Own Snowman'.
John Lewis is also set to launch a Countdown to Christmas event in stores this weekend to capitalist on a social media campaign about the snowman's journey.
The Twitter campaign uses the hashtag #snowmanjourney to track its experiential campaign that is photographing the snowman in different towns around the country.
Sales for the retailer are up 7.6% year on year for the week ending 17 November with a strong performance in electrical and home technology driving the growth with a 22.2% jump in sales.
Tablets are leading the way on sales in the communication technology sector with John Lewis reporting that all the major brand are selling well.
Brands including Samsung, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon and Google are all heavily pushing tablets in the run up to Christmas.
John Lewis has also attributed strong sales in cushions, throws, lighting and bed lined to marketing activity for its home section focusing on people "feeling cosy".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London