Coke enters F1 with Lotus sponsorship
Coca-Cola is entering Formula 1 with a multi-year sponsorship of the Lotus F1 Team through its global energy drink, Burn.
Coca-Cola: to sponsor Lotus F1 Team via energy drink Burn
The details of the sponsorship are being kept under wraps until January next year. However, Emmanuel Seuge, Coke’s group director of worldwide sports and entertainment marketing division, has revealed the partnership will incorporate "art and music in a way that will break the conventions of traditional Formula 1 marketing".
He said: "Lotus F1 Team, as the number-one emerging challenger in the sport, has demonstrated exceptional creativity in their approach to Formula 1 racing and their collaborations with partners - an approach that mirrors the philosophy of Burn."
Burn, which is available in more than 80 countries across Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America, bears the logo of a burning flame, and initial imagery to promote the partnership shows a Lotus F1 Team car on a track with red flames illustrated on top of it.
Coke joins high-profile energy brand sponsor Red Bull in the F1 market, alongside Mercedes sponsor Monster, McLaren sponsor Lucozade, and Ferrari sponsor TNT.
Eric Boullier, team principal, Lotus F1 Team, said: "We are excited to partner with Burn to build a new and innovative model for sponsorships that will combine experiences, content creation and social media, an area in which our team has been at the cutting edge in Formula 1 for the past 18 months, recording the highest growth rate amongst fans this year."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London