Red Bull caps memorable 2012 with F1 win for Vettel
Red Bull capped a memorable 2012 for the brand when its Formula 1 driver Sebastian Vettel won his third Drivers' World Championship yesterday in a dramatic Brazilian GP.
Sebastian Vettel: Red Bull driver celebrates winning the F1 championship in Brazil
Vettel's win for Red Bull followed just months after Red Bull Stratos, the event behind Felix Baumgartner's skydive from the edge of space in a record-breaking stunt.
The energy drinks brand, which was set up in 1987, has also been shortlisted for the Marketing Society "Brand of the Year" shortlist for 2012.
According to a Twitter spokeswoman, there had also been approximately 3.1 million tweets sent, relating to the event.
In Sunday's dramatic Brazilian Grand Prix, Vettel was pitched into a spin before recovering to finish sixth in the race. His rival for the title, Ferrari's Fernando Alonso finished second, which was not enough to overtake Vettel in the championship.
To crown its achievement, Red Bull also won the F1 constructers' championship.
Next year, the Japanese car maker Infiniti is increasing its Formula 1 involvement with Red Bull after agreeing to become title sponsor of the team. As part of the four-year sponsorship deal, the F1 car will become known as "Infiniti Red Bull Racing" from 2013.
Red Bull is the most popular energy drink in the world, selling 4.6 billion cans in 2011.
Nigel Currie, executive of brandRapport, believes that Red Bull could match its achievements next year.
Currie said: "If the key decision-makers remain, we can expect more of the same going forward. The video games market might be an area for them to expand their expanding presence, but their big success this year will delay any thoughts at the more traditional marketing channels for energy drinks.Follow @johnowens86
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...