Blinkbox runs tactical Di Matteo campaign
Blinkbox, the Tesco owned video-on-demand service, has run a tactical ad around the sacking of former Chelsea manager, Roberto Di Matteo.
Metro: Blinkbox runs ad around Chelsea's sacking of Roberto Di Matteo
Di Matteo was unceremoniously sacked by the football club last week after a recent run of poor form, despite him winning the FA Cup and Champions League last season.
The ad – which appeared below an article concerning his recent sacking at the hands of Roman Abramovich – ran with the strapline, "In between jobs?" The ad caption read: "Don’t worry Roberto, we’ve got the latest movies and TV shows to help take your mind off things".
The ad, which ran last week and was planned by Arena Media, offerered £5 free credit for those who joined Blinkbox on the day. It was created by Karmarama.
Karmarama recently launched its first work for the brand which featured a struggling boxer whose fortunes are turned around after the cornerman showed him the latest releases between rounds.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london