Blinkbox runs tactical Di Matteo campaign
Blinkbox, the Tesco owned video-on-demand service, has run a tactical ad around the sacking of former Chelsea manager, Roberto Di Matteo.
Metro: Blinkbox runs ad around Chelsea's sacking of Roberto Di Matteo
Di Matteo was unceremoniously sacked by the football club last week after a recent run of poor form, despite him winning the FA Cup and Champions League last season.
The ad – which appeared below an article concerning his recent sacking at the hands of Roman Abramovich – ran with the strapline, "In between jobs?" The ad caption read: "Don’t worry Roberto, we’ve got the latest movies and TV shows to help take your mind off things".
The ad, which ran last week and was planned by Arena Media, offerered £5 free credit for those who joined Blinkbox on the day. It was created by Karmarama.
Karmarama recently launched its first work for the brand which featured a struggling boxer whose fortunes are turned around after the cornerman showed him the latest releases between rounds.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)