Blinkbox runs tactical Di Matteo campaign
Blinkbox, the Tesco owned video-on-demand service, has run a tactical ad around the sacking of former Chelsea manager, Roberto Di Matteo.
Metro: Blinkbox runs ad around Chelsea's sacking of Roberto Di Matteo
Di Matteo was unceremoniously sacked by the football club last week after a recent run of poor form, despite him winning the FA Cup and Champions League last season.
The ad – which appeared below an article concerning his recent sacking at the hands of Roman Abramovich – ran with the strapline, "In between jobs?" The ad caption read: "Don’t worry Roberto, we’ve got the latest movies and TV shows to help take your mind off things".
The ad, which ran last week and was planned by Arena Media, offerered £5 free credit for those who joined Blinkbox on the day. It was created by Karmarama.
Karmarama recently launched its first work for the brand which featured a struggling boxer whose fortunes are turned around after the cornerman showed him the latest releases between rounds.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London