Currys PC World unveils festive idents
Currys PC World is running idents featuring a man turning into a knight in shining armour after giving his wife a present bought from the retailer.
The creative, by M&C Saatchi, is supported by a ‘Look Good this Christmas’ strapline and forms part of the retailer’s sponsorship of entertainment on Sky.
The idents are set to the tune of ‘Jingle Bells’ and have been designed to drive home the message that buying Christmas presents from Currys PC World will make the giver look great in the eyes of the recipient.
Elspeth Lynn, executive creative director at M&C Saatchi, said: "These spots encapsulate the brand personality and the insight that everyone wants to be the hero and find the perfect gift that makes them look good, not just make the recipient happy."
The idents have been shot in a cinematic style rather than the animated style the retailer is currently running as part of its Christmas ad campaign.
Another 10-second spot sees a woman handing her friend a set of headphones, before morphing into a "warrior princess".
The idents will air from tomorrow (27 November) and will run through Christmas. The deal was brokered by media agency Walker Media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire