Currys PC World unveils festive idents
Currys PC World is running idents featuring a man turning into a knight in shining armour after giving his wife a present bought from the retailer.
The creative, by M&C Saatchi, is supported by a ‘Look Good this Christmas’ strapline and forms part of the retailer’s sponsorship of entertainment on Sky.
The idents are set to the tune of ‘Jingle Bells’ and have been designed to drive home the message that buying Christmas presents from Currys PC World will make the giver look great in the eyes of the recipient.
Elspeth Lynn, executive creative director at M&C Saatchi, said: "These spots encapsulate the brand personality and the insight that everyone wants to be the hero and find the perfect gift that makes them look good, not just make the recipient happy."
The idents have been shot in a cinematic style rather than the animated style the retailer is currently running as part of its Christmas ad campaign.
Another 10-second spot sees a woman handing her friend a set of headphones, before morphing into a "warrior princess".
The idents will air from tomorrow (27 November) and will run through Christmas. The deal was brokered by media agency Walker Media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...