Free Time Out hits three-month circulation target in first month
Time Out, the London-based listings magazine, has hit its distribution target of 305,000 earlier than expected and could seek to significantly up its distribution next year.
Time Out: reaches distribution of 305,00 in first month as a free title
Time Out has today revealed its debut audited figure of 305,348 in its first full month (October) as a free title.
Executives at Time Out had previously planned to disclose its debut Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) figure after three months, believing that it would take some time to establish its distribution of 305,000 copies, which was its target initial distribution.
But the title, which switched from being a paid-for title to free title in September, has hit its distribution target earlier than expected.
As a paid-for title, Time Out had been a London institution for more than 40 years, but had suffered badly in recent years, with the circulation halving to around 50,000 from its peak in the 1990s.
One source close to Time Out has told Media Week that the magazine could seek to significantly ramp up its distribution in the New Year.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)