VW to extend One Thing campaign with Absolute Radio
Volkswagen has signed a six-figure commercial deal with Absolute Radio and will give away a luxury trip to Los Angeles to one listener, as part of its 'One Thing' campaign for the VW Golf.
VW Golf: 'one thing' campaign
VW's 'One Thing' campaign by Adam & Eve/DDB suggests that if someone had to pick one car to drive for the rest of their life, they should choose a Golf. It asks people to make a similar decision on the song, film or meal that would last them a lifetime.
From tomorrow Absolute Radio will ask its listeners to pick the song they would choose if they could only listen to one for the rest of their lives. The top five will be put to a public vote.
In short promos across Absolute Radio’s network, including its digital stations such as Absolute Classic Rock and Absolute 80s, show hosts will explain what song they would choose and why. Listeners will be directed to a microsite on the Absolute Radio website to suggest their song and enter the competition.
The activity will also include InStream ads served to online listeners tuning in via Absolute Radio’s online player and apps.
The campaign was planned and bought by MediaCom.
Tom Wharfe, communications manager at Volkswagen, said: "This partnership provides a great opportunity to connect with the Absolute listeners through their common interest of music.
"By tapping into the audience in this way, we hope to generate high levels of engagement and awareness for the new Volkswagen Golf in the lead up to its launch early next year."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...