John Lewis seeks new social-media approach
John Lewis is aiming to build on the popularity of its brand by making social media a 'more integrated' part of the business.
John Lewis: hired Tribal DDB to work on social media projects
The retailer has previously handled all social-media activity in-house, but has now appointed Tribal DDB to work on social-media projects.
John Lewis marketing director Craig Inglis told Marketing earlier this year that 'entering into social media never replaced having a big idea [and] the heart of our success is having big ideas that can bring the proposition to life'.
The brand is currently running a Twitter campaign using #snowmanjourney to track an experiential campaign photographing the snowman 'star' of its Christmas campaign in towns across the country.
The brand has 39,000 Twitter followers and more than 550,000 'likes' on Facebook.
Separately, John Lewis Partnership has appointed Lloyds Banking Group executive Paul de Laat to the new role of customer insight director. He will work across both the John Lewis and Waitrose brands.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- MID-WEIGHT DIGITAL DESIGNER - LONDON - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, City of London