Holland & Barrett drops Gethin Jones in new 'happiness' focus
Holland & Barrett is planning a £9m brand-building campaign for the New Year as part of its fresh 'In pursuit of health and happiness' positioning.
Holland & Barrett: dropping Gethin Jones from its ads
The campaign, set to break in early 2013, will no longer feature brand ambassador Gethin Jones and aims to reduce its reliance on promotion-focused ads. However, it is understood Jones will continue to be used for 'internal' marketing purposes.
Holland & Barrett has moved its ad account from Big Communications to RKCR/Y&R as part of the change in creative direction.
The campaign is intended to raise awareness of its wider set of product categories, including ethically sourced beauty products. It will also flag up the fact that its staff are trained to National Vocational Qualification stan-dard to of-fer advice on health products.
RKCR/Y&R was appointed by chief marketing officer Lysa Hardy following a pitch. Hardy was hired by Holland & Barrett parent company NBTY Europe in August.
Holland & Barrett previously attempted to shift away from price-led advertising in 2008 through the creation of the Mr Holland and Mr Barrett characters, but ended the campaign 12 months later.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...