Johnston Press appoints BBC exec to head up marketing
Johnston Press, the regional newspaper publisher of The Scotsman and the Yorkshire Post, has appointed BBC digital marketer Lucy Sinclair to the new role of group audience development and marketing director.
Lucy Sinclair: BBC digital marketer joins Johnston Press
Sinclair will take up the role on 7 January 2013 and will report to commercial and marketing director Neil Jones. Her appointment comes as Johnston Press moves to ramp up marketing behind its digital offering.
She will be responsible for developing the brand reputation of the publisher and its 170 titles, which operate across England, Scotland and Ireland.
Johnston Press, in keeping with the rest of the newspaper industry, wants to draw more reader eyeballs to its websites for longer periods, thus enhancing its appeal to advertising.
The publisher is also currently going though the process of relaunching its titles and Sinclair will oversee the marketing of the new-look pubilications.
Sinclair was previously director of marketing and audience for the BBC Future Media, the BBC's digital media service division and has played a key role in digitising the BBC. She has also held roles as head of marketing for the BBC iPlayer and BBC Three Television.
Johnston Press chief executive is Ashley Highfield, who, during his tenure at the BBC, oversaw the development of the BBCiPlayer.
Jones, the former Carat managing director and News International executive, joined Johnston Press in May.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...