ZenithOptimedia on the hunt for a new chief executive
Gerry Boyle is preparing to step aside from his role as chief executive of ZenithOptimedia, the agency he joined more than 13 years ago, according to internal and external sources.
Gerry Boyle believed to be taking up a chairman role
It is believed the 41 year old is staying within the Publicis Groupe agency as chairman, a role left vacant since the departure of Derek Morris when he took on the new role as the chief operating officer of VivaKi UK in April 2010.
A hunt for ZenithOptimedia's new chief executive is believed to be well underway, with an announcement expected in the coming weeks. No one at the agency was able to officially confirm further details.
Zenith Media is already on the hunt for a new managing director following Stephen Farquhar's decision to take the role of MD of Zenith China this summer. The new CEO role is believed to have become part of the recruiting process.
Boyle became chief executive when Antony Young moved to New York in June 2006 and, for the past six years, his leadership has been the one constant in a network that, like the industry at large, has seen dramatic change.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Senior Product Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Oxfordshire
- Data Planning Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Senior Copywriter - Tone of Voice, Ethical Brand ADLIB £30k-35k, Bristol
- Freelance Creative Artworkers Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London