Marketing Society conference tackles emerging markets
The Marketing Society's Annual Conference, which this year focuses on the potential of emerging markets, has opened at the Royal Opera House in London, chaired by Johnny Hornby.
Johnny Hornby: CHI founding partner takes the floor
The CHI founding partner introduced the conference, praising the calibre of speakers the Society has been able to attract, such as explorer Ranulph Fiennes.
Hornby was followed on stage by host Kirsty Wark. She told the 400-strong audience: "Today is all about exploring new emerging markets that you didn't even imagine were open to you."
The speaker line-up includes: Sir Martin Sorrell, WPP chief executive, who will discuss how British companies can perform better; and Peter Haden, the McKinsey partner, on how to serve emerging markets' consumers.
The conference will also touch on London 2012. Delegates took their seats to the strains of the music from the Industrial Revolution section of the Opening Ceremony for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The afternoon will bring a session on what marketers can learn from the organisers and athletes of London 2012, featuring James Harding, The Times editor, and Neil Black, UK Athletics' director of performance.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London