Marketing Society conference tackles emerging markets
The Marketing Society's Annual Conference, which this year focuses on the potential of emerging markets, has opened at the Royal Opera House in London, chaired by Johnny Hornby.
Johnny Hornby: CHI founding partner takes the floor
The CHI founding partner introduced the conference, praising the calibre of speakers the Society has been able to attract, such as explorer Ranulph Fiennes.
Hornby was followed on stage by host Kirsty Wark. She told the 400-strong audience: "Today is all about exploring new emerging markets that you didn't even imagine were open to you."
The speaker line-up includes: Sir Martin Sorrell, WPP chief executive, who will discuss how British companies can perform better; and Peter Haden, the McKinsey partner, on how to serve emerging markets' consumers.
The conference will also touch on London 2012. Delegates took their seats to the strains of the music from the Industrial Revolution section of the Opening Ceremony for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The afternoon will bring a session on what marketers can learn from the organisers and athletes of London 2012, featuring James Harding, The Times editor, and Neil Black, UK Athletics' director of performance.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london