Nissan appoints new UK marketing director
Nissan has appointed Guillaume Masurel as its new UK marketing director, following the departure of Steve McLennan to a role in the car firm's European business.
Nissan: appointed Guillaume Masurel as new UK marketing director
Masurel joins from Nissan's Japanese headquarters, where he was global chief marketing manager for performance cars. He previously held a number of marketing positions at Nissan Europe. He will be responsible for all local advertising, events and CRM strategy.
McLennan oversaw the launch of successful vehicles such as the Qashqai and the Juke, and helped Nissan acquire a record-high UK market share of 5.34%, according to the Society for Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
Nissan has also hired former Toyota marketer Jon Pollock as corporate sales director. Until 2010, he held the title of general manager marketing communications at Toyota, and prior to this, spent 10 years in a number of product marketing roles at Nissan.
James Wright, Nissan's GB managing director said: "I am pleased to welcome Jon and Guillaume to the UK operation. They both bring a wealth of experience with them and are sure to keep pushing Nissan's success story forward."Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Copywriter Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London (South), London (Greater)
- Account manager Gemini Search £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Integrated Agency with Int. Drinks, Entertainment & Tech Accounts Rocket Recruitment £44,000 - 48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Digital Production Manager ADLIB c.£35k, South West England / Bristol, City of Bristol
- Brand Development Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Greater)