Nissan appoints new UK marketing director
Nissan has appointed Guillaume Masurel as its new UK marketing director, following the departure of Steve McLennan to a role in the car firm's European business.
Nissan: appointed Guillaume Masurel as new UK marketing director
Masurel joins from Nissan's Japanese headquarters, where he was global chief marketing manager for performance cars. He previously held a number of marketing positions at Nissan Europe. He will be responsible for all local advertising, events and CRM strategy.
McLennan oversaw the launch of successful vehicles such as the Qashqai and the Juke, and helped Nissan acquire a record-high UK market share of 5.34%, according to the Society for Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
Nissan has also hired former Toyota marketer Jon Pollock as corporate sales director. Until 2010, he held the title of general manager marketing communications at Toyota, and prior to this, spent 10 years in a number of product marketing roles at Nissan.
James Wright, Nissan's GB managing director said: "I am pleased to welcome Jon and Guillaume to the UK operation. They both bring a wealth of experience with them and are sure to keep pushing Nissan's success story forward."Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London