London & Partners hires Oxfam marketer to lead post-Olympic strategy
London & Partners, the promotional body for the capital, has hired Chris Gottlieb, Oxfam's communications director, to the newly-created role of director of strategy, brand and communications.
London & Partners: hires Chris Gottlieb
Gottlieb, who will join London & Partners in January, has previously held a number of marketing roles at the BBC, including director of marketing, communications and audiences. He has also operated as group advertising manager at tour operator Thomson Holidays, after starting his career at ad agency JWT.
Gottlieb will be responsible for developing and implementing a global strategy for London & Partners, and directing its Strategy, Insight & Propositions, Communications and Brand teams.
The appointment follows a restructure last month, which saw the departure of long-serving marketing and communications director Martine Ainsworth-Wells.
As part of the reshuffle, Julie Chappell has been promoted to the role of director of consumer marketing and digital. She will take responsibility for the organisations’ consumer marketing initiatives to visitors and potential students.
Gordon Innes, chief executive at London & Partners, said: "There is huge potential for London in the coming months and years to build on the successes of 2012. [Gottlieb’s] new role will develop a city-wide strategy to deliver the promotion of London’s great companies, events and individuals."
Gottlieb said: "2012 has been a momentous year for London and with the legacy of the Olympic Games now in full swing it's a particularly crucial time for London’s reputation as the global city to live, work, study and invest."Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...