London & Partners hires Oxfam marketer to lead post-Olympic strategy
London & Partners, the promotional body for the capital, has hired Chris Gottlieb, Oxfam's communications director, to the newly-created role of director of strategy, brand and communications.
London & Partners: hires Chris Gottlieb
Gottlieb, who will join London & Partners in January, has previously held a number of marketing roles at the BBC, including director of marketing, communications and audiences. He has also operated as group advertising manager at tour operator Thomson Holidays, after starting his career at ad agency JWT.
Gottlieb will be responsible for developing and implementing a global strategy for London & Partners, and directing its Strategy, Insight & Propositions, Communications and Brand teams.
The appointment follows a restructure last month, which saw the departure of long-serving marketing and communications director Martine Ainsworth-Wells.
As part of the reshuffle, Julie Chappell has been promoted to the role of director of consumer marketing and digital. She will take responsibility for the organisations’ consumer marketing initiatives to visitors and potential students.
Gordon Innes, chief executive at London & Partners, said: "There is huge potential for London in the coming months and years to build on the successes of 2012. [Gottlieb’s] new role will develop a city-wide strategy to deliver the promotion of London’s great companies, events and individuals."
Gottlieb said: "2012 has been a momentous year for London and with the legacy of the Olympic Games now in full swing it's a particularly crucial time for London’s reputation as the global city to live, work, study and invest."Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...