Swede to oversee planning at Walker Media
Walker Media has appointed Anthony Swede, the strategy director at Mindshare, to the new position of head of planning.
Swede: leaves Mindshare
Swede will join Walker Media in early 2013 and be charged with driving strategy for all its clients, including Dixons and Marks & Spencer, and developing innovation and digital integration within the agency.
His appointment follows the departure of the planning specialist Sean Healy, who left his role as the managing director of Walker Media earlier this year to become the global planning director at ZenithOptimedia.
Swede joined Mindshare in August 2009 as part of a push to bolster the agency’s planning offering. He has worked on brands such as First Direct, Three and Sony Music.
Before Mindshare, Swede worked as a creative planner at the music marketing agency Frukt Communications and the head of solutions at Times Newspapers.
Swede was also a content director at Bartle Bogle Hegarty and has held planning and strategy roles at Naked Communications and Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Simon Davis, the chief executive at Walker Media, said: "Anthony impressed us with his dogged pursuit of truly original strategies and a willingness to eschew the traditional boundaries, which will add considerable top-spin to our planning output for our clients at Walker Media."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London