Reality check October 2012
October was a rare month in that there was a significant correlation between the most-remembered and most-liked ads, according to data from Nielsen and NM Incite.
Most remembered ad: Aunt Bessie's by VCCP
VCCP scored as the winner in both tables for Aunt Bessie’s and Comparethemarket.com respectively. CHI & Partners’ Argos commercial also featured in both tables.
Adam & Eve/DDB’s campaign for Kwik Fit continued to score highly on the "most-remembered" table, with its latest execution coming second in the ranking.
Karmarama’s spot for Costa topped the "most-talked-about ads online" category, with 2.2 per cent of all online conversations about advertising focusing on the spot.
The "most-remembered" score is the percentage of TV viewers who can recall within 24 hours the storyline of an ad that they were exposed to during the normal course of TV viewing. The "most-liked" score is the percentage of viewers who liked an ad (among those who could recall seeing it).
|Reality Check: October 2012|
|Most remembered ads||Most watched ads||Most talked about ads online|
|1||Aunt Bessie's "dinner invitation" by VCCP (74%)||Comparethemarket "sleep" by VCCP (63%)||Costa "coffee heads" by Karmarama (2.20%)|
|2||Kwik Fit "Barbara and Duncan" by Adam & Eve/DDB (67%)||Argos "toy exchange" CHI & Partners (30%)||Tesco "Thunderbirds" by Wieden & Kennedy (1.05%)|
|3||Argos "toy exchange" by CHI & Partners (64%)||Aunt Bessie's "dinner invitation" by VCCP (28%)||easyJet "holiday moments" by VCCP (0.95%)|
|4||Comparethemarket "sleep" by VCCP (62%)||Microsoft Xbox 360 "Dance Central 3" in-house (27%)||Nintendo Wii "whole new way to play" by Karmarama (0.90%)|
|5||Waitrose "cottage pie" by Bartle Bogle Hegarty (62%)||Disneyland Paris "Christmas" by BETC (25%)||Samsung "we are David Bailey" by Cheil UK (0.65%)|
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...