The latest update on pitch news.
Carling: McCann London is out of the running for the £10 million ad account
The most controversial pitch in adland at the moment is the Government’s review of its creative roster. The decision to knock key former COI agencies – thought to include Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Leo Burnett – out of the first round has been met with shock and anger. Sources said that contenders with a proven track record of delivering ROI for the Government and which have won gold IPA Effectiveness awards for their COI campaigns have been told they failed to get through in part because they didn’t have relevant experience. Government marketing directors are said to be as dismayed as agencies, as they have not been involved in the review, which is procurement-driven. One insider said the process appears to be "an omni-shambles".
McCann London has been knocked out of the £10 million Carling advertising pitch, leaving the incumbent, VCCP, Beattie McGuinness Bungay and Creature London to progress. This list will now be cut down to two agencies, with work going into research ahead of a January decision.
Pitches for the £15 million Avis Budget Group advertising account take place next week, with DLKW Lowe, The Brooklyn Brothers and VCCP chosen by Oystercatchers to show their wares.
Maxus and MPG Media Contacts pitched for the Associated British Foods media account on Monday this week, while the incumbent ZenithOptimedia’s turn came on Tuesday. A result could be as early as next week.
The Association of Train Operating Companies is this week expected to reveal the agencies that have reached the next stage of its media planning and buying review. The incumbent is ZenithOptimedia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)