Prostate Cancer UK seeks to 'save the man' with regular donations
Prostate Cancer UK has launched a "save the man" regular donation product to reduce its reliance on one-off donations.
Prostate Cancer UK: 'save the man' campaign
The charity has just launched the initiative, which is aimed at a younger audience, to capitalise on the awareness Movember raises for prostate cancer.
Marketing agency Futureproof has developed the "save the man" initiative and the supporting direct mail, email and social media campaign.
Creative will position men as an "endangered species" and encourage them to make monthly donations via the charity’s website.
Activity is aimed at raising awareness of the "often overlooked disease" and will tap into men’s desires to protect those closest to them.
Prostate Cancer UK wants to highlight the fact prostate cancer kills as many people as breast cancer and is projected to be the most common cancer in the UK by 2030.
Every year in the UK more than 10,000 men die of prostate cancer and more than 40,000 are diagnosed, according to figures from Prostate Cancer UK.
Younger men are being targeted because although the disease is associated with older men the disease can hit men as young as 30.
The charity is considering launching an above the line campaign in the second half of next year and has just appointed Manning Gottlieb OMD to its media planning and buying account.
Prostate Cancer UK recently overhauled its brand and incorporated the Prostate Action charity into its operations.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...