PRWeek news editor Matt Cartmell to join PRCA
The PRCA has appointed PRWeek's news editor Matt Cartmell as director of comms.
PRCA : Appointed new comms director
He joins on 5 December, after having worked as part of the PRWeek news team for the past five years.
He will report to PRCA director-general Francis Ingham, and will oversee the PRCA’s comms, policy agenda and wider external relationships.
Cartmell has previously written stories on a number of the PRCA's campaigns, focusing on the statutory lobbying register, the High Court battle with the NLA, apprenticeships and unpaid internships.
Ingham said: ‘Matt joins the PRCA at a time when we prepare to speak with an even louder voice on the industry issues that really matter, while also communicating the benefits of membership to agencies and in-house departments.’
Cartmell said of his new role: ‘Having worked closely with Francis and the team in recent years, I’ve been impressed by their fast-moving approach to campaigning.
'The PRCA has just the kind of strident leadership that the PR industry needs and I’m looking forward to contributing to the future development and growth of the association.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London
- Programmatic Account Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London