CDP duo Sinha and Godfrey reunite for C4 ad
Channel 4's David Abraham has reunited Indra Sinha and Neil Godfrey, the former Collett Dickenson Pearce creative team, to produce a long copy print ad for the broadcaster's 30th birthday.
Indra Sinha David Abraham and Neil Godfrey
David Abraham is a former Collett Dickenson Pearce (CDP) account man.
The double page print ad features a photograph of Michael Grade, Channel 4's second chief executive, pushed up against a wall as though he is being strangled, under the headline "Just don't f**f it up".
The headline and photograph are a reference to the advice the first chief executive Jeremy Isaacs gave him. Isaacs is reported to have threatened to throttle Grade if he did not respect the channel’s remit.
Now a Booker-nominated novelist, Sinha left advertising in 1995, while Godfrey is the most awarded art director in the history of British advertising and received a special award at the D&AD’s 50th birthday celebrations.
Sinha and Godfrey have not worked together for 20 years but were commissioned to create the ad by David Abraham, the current chief executive of Channel 4 and an account man at CDP in the 1980s.
Abraham said: "Channel 4 has played and continues to play such an important part in our national life and it seemed fitting, on the occasion of the 30th anniversary, to reflect on this in a very creative and original way.
"Neil and Indra, with some help from Michael Grade, have done a wonderful job of taking that brief and running with it."
Sinha said: "Doing this project brought back to me what a joy it is to work with really first class people on a fantastic brief and a client with a mission for magic and mischief."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)