Coral attempts to stand out in football betting ad fray
Bookmaker Coral is to debut a TV ad featuring a football 'evolving' as it attempts to push its new mobile offering in the crowded sports betting market.
The ad is the first created by DLKW, which Coral appointed as its advertising agency in June.
It is intended to be different from other bookmakers’ creative ploys, for example Ladbrokes’ excitable Italian football commentator and Bet365’s Ray Winstone-fronted ads.
It begins with a 1930s football flying through the air. The football sheds its 1930s covering to reveal a 1950s style, then a 1970s and finally a modern-day look.
Matt Prevost, marketing director at Coral Interactive, said: "The ads convey the simple message that we’re evolving and in doing so we are raising our game."
The ad will debut on Sky Sports tomorrow (1 December) before the lunchtime West Ham vs Chelsea game.
Coral is the UK's third-largest retail bookmaker with a 20 per cent market share.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)