Coral attempts to stand out in football betting ad fray
Bookmaker Coral is to debut a TV ad featuring a football 'evolving' as it attempts to push its new mobile offering in the crowded sports betting market.
The ad is the first created by DLKW, which Coral appointed as its advertising agency in June.
It is intended to be different from other bookmakers’ creative ploys, for example Ladbrokes’ excitable Italian football commentator and Bet365’s Ray Winstone-fronted ads.
It begins with a 1930s football flying through the air. The football sheds its 1930s covering to reveal a 1950s style, then a 1970s and finally a modern-day look.
Matt Prevost, marketing director at Coral Interactive, said: "The ads convey the simple message that we’re evolving and in doing so we are raising our game."
The ad will debut on Sky Sports tomorrow (1 December) before the lunchtime West Ham vs Chelsea game.
Coral is the UK's third-largest retail bookmaker with a 20 per cent market share.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)