Action for Children appoints Paul McDonald as director of comms
Action for Children has appointed a director of comms as demand for the charity's services grows.
Paul McDonald: new Action for Children role
Paul McDonald joins the children’s charity from Kings College London, where he was head of comms. He has also held senior comms roles at Diabetes UK and RNIB and has worked as a national newspaper journalist.
He replaces Gregg Vines, who has left to work for Oxfam Australia.
McDonald leads a team of 45, encompassing brand, media relations, digital comms, design, internal comms and stakeholder engagement.
Action for Children runs more than 500 children and family projects across the UK, as well as campaigning on issues such as child neglect.
Executive director Polly Neate said: ‘In the current climate, the demand for our vital services is growing at an unprecedented rate and more than ever we need a strong voice to speak out for children and young people.’
McDonald added: 'I’m excited to have joined a charity that is making a difference every day to the lives of the UK’s most neglected and vulnerable children. Child neglect is sadly a major feature of life in the UK today, with up to a million children at risk. Neglect robs children of the childhood they deserve and tears families apart.
‘My goal is to raise awareness of issues such as child neglect and help give Action for Children the voice and profile it deserves as one of the UK’s largest charities.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...