Freeview+ breaks contextual TV ads
Freeview is to debut its new spot during tonight's 'Made in Chelsea' on E4, which will feature a viewer rewinding a scene that shows star Spencer declaring his love.
The spot is one of two created by The Outfit to demonstrate the functionality of Freeview+, which allows viewers to pause and rewind live TV as well as record programmes.
The placement was brokered by Freeview’s media agency MEC with Channel 4’s partnership team, allowing for close association with the programming.
The other spot features the same viewer with her boyfriend, this time without a Freeview+ box, comically missing another Channel 4 programme, ‘Jamie’s 15 Minute Meals’.
The spots will run for the whole of December, complementing the main Freeview ad campaign by Leo Burnett.
Guy North, marketing communications director at Freeview said: "The latest Freeview+ ad campaign will really engage with people who will recognise the humorous situations from their own TV viewing experience. Working with Channel 4 and The Outfit, we have tapped into what our consumers want and these ads demonstrate the great functionality that Freeview+ offers to consumers.
"Freeview has a genuine desire to provide great, free TV for everyone to watch when they choose. The campaign will be broadcast across the Channel 4 portfolio, highlighting the benefits of Freeview+ by aligning the brand with the most popular programming during the winter season."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Team Red Sofa London £45000 - £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 - £18000 per annum, East Midlands Region / Derbyshire