Freeview+ breaks contextual TV ads
Freeview is to debut its new spot during tonight's 'Made in Chelsea' on E4, which will feature a viewer rewinding a scene that shows star Spencer declaring his love.
The spot is one of two created by The Outfit to demonstrate the functionality of Freeview+, which allows viewers to pause and rewind live TV as well as record programmes.
The placement was brokered by Freeview’s media agency MEC with Channel 4’s partnership team, allowing for close association with the programming.
The other spot features the same viewer with her boyfriend, this time without a Freeview+ box, comically missing another Channel 4 programme, ‘Jamie’s 15 Minute Meals’.
The spots will run for the whole of December, complementing the main Freeview ad campaign by Leo Burnett.
Guy North, marketing communications director at Freeview said: "The latest Freeview+ ad campaign will really engage with people who will recognise the humorous situations from their own TV viewing experience. Working with Channel 4 and The Outfit, we have tapped into what our consumers want and these ads demonstrate the great functionality that Freeview+ offers to consumers.
"Freeview has a genuine desire to provide great, free TV for everyone to watch when they choose. The campaign will be broadcast across the Channel 4 portfolio, highlighting the benefits of Freeview+ by aligning the brand with the most popular programming during the winter season."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...