ITV attracts 10.6m viewers to I'm a Celeb final
The 12th series of ITV's reality show, 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!', peaked with 10.6 million viewers on Saturday 1 December, a 47% audience share.
ITV attracts 10.6m viewers to 'I'm a Celebrity...' final
The five-minute peak audience for 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' came as viewers tuned into ITV1, ITV1 HD and ITV1 +1 at 10.15pm to watch Charlie Brooks, who plays Janine Butcher in ‘Eastenders’, crowned Queen of the jungle.
Brooks beat Pussycat Dolls' Ashley Roberts into second place, with world heavyweight champion boxer David Hayes taking third.
'I'm a Celeb's' Saturday competition included BBC1's 'Casualty' (3.6 million/14.0% share), 'Live at the Apollo' (2.4 million/10.4%), BBC2's 'Michael Jackson: Bad 25' (800,000/4.6%), Channel 4's 'Star Trek' movie repeat (1.2 million/5.8%) and Channel 5's 'Boxing' (1.3 million/5.8%)
In terms of unofficial 15 minute viewing figures, the final show of the series averaged 9.8 million and a 42% share - an increase of 200,000 viewers on last year's final.
Overall, series 12 has averaged 9.2 million viewers and a 37% share, making it the fourth most watched series ever, up on last year's series average of 8.9 million viewers.
The figures represent another good year for ITV's stalwart series, fronted by Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly, despite the 'I'm a Celeb' launch night on 12 November being down 200,000 viewers from the previous year.
An ITV spokesperson said: "With recorded viewing factored in, 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here' Series 12 is currently averaging 10.7 million viewers, making it the highest rating series in the show's history, based on consolidated data."Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...