ITV attracts 10.6m viewers to I'm a Celeb final
The 12th series of ITV's reality show, 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!', peaked with 10.6 million viewers on Saturday 1 December, a 47% audience share.
ITV attracts 10.6m viewers to 'I'm a Celebrity...' final
The five-minute peak audience for 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' came as viewers tuned into ITV1, ITV1 HD and ITV1 +1 at 10.15pm to watch Charlie Brooks, who plays Janine Butcher in ‘Eastenders’, crowned Queen of the jungle.
Brooks beat Pussycat Dolls' Ashley Roberts into second place, with world heavyweight champion boxer David Hayes taking third.
'I'm a Celeb's' Saturday competition included BBC1's 'Casualty' (3.6 million/14.0% share), 'Live at the Apollo' (2.4 million/10.4%), BBC2's 'Michael Jackson: Bad 25' (800,000/4.6%), Channel 4's 'Star Trek' movie repeat (1.2 million/5.8%) and Channel 5's 'Boxing' (1.3 million/5.8%)
In terms of unofficial 15 minute viewing figures, the final show of the series averaged 9.8 million and a 42% share - an increase of 200,000 viewers on last year's final.
Overall, series 12 has averaged 9.2 million viewers and a 37% share, making it the fourth most watched series ever, up on last year's series average of 8.9 million viewers.
The figures represent another good year for ITV's stalwart series, fronted by Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly, despite the 'I'm a Celeb' launch night on 12 November being down 200,000 viewers from the previous year.
An ITV spokesperson said: "With recorded viewing factored in, 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here' Series 12 is currently averaging 10.7 million viewers, making it the highest rating series in the show's history, based on consolidated data."Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)