Paddy Power plots first brand overhaul for 25 years
Paddy Power is to unveil its first rebrand since launching 25-years ago, in a bid to reflect the betting company's "mischief-maker" personality.
Paddy Power: first new identity for 25 years
The visual identity overhaul, developed by Landor Associates, will span retail, online and its sub-brands such as Bingo, Casino and Poker.
It retains the brand’s green colouring, but the new look now incorporates several shades of green. In another change, the name ‘Paddy Power’ is depicted as a single word running at an angle.
Alex Phelan, Paddy Power’s head of brand DNA, said that as the bookmaker prepared to celebrate its 25th birthday next year, the business realised that its visual identity was no longer aligned to its ‘irreverent, mischievous’ equity.
Phelan said that green was kept as a "nod to [the bookmaker’s] Irish heritage" but that, as it expanded into new markets, different greens were being brought in to ensure it is "relevant to all the countries we go into".
Phelan said: "Our new brand visual identity embodies our commitment to entertaining our audiences, differentiates us from our competitors and gives us a contemporary but authentic identity across all our channels."
The order of the roll-out is still being finalised, but Phelan said that the redesign should have been migrated to all parts of the business by next summer.
Paddy Power’s rebrand comes at the end of a year in which the bookmaker has made significant investment in its marketing function.
In October, it appointed former Domino’s marketer Robin Auld and ex-Sky marketing strategy director Danny Russell to new positions.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...