Homebase adds YouTube social commerce channel
Homebase is expanding its social commerce offering by launching a YouTube channel with Facebook integration.
Homebase: launching new YouTube channel
The channel is integrated with Facebook’s Open Graph, so when a user watches one of its videos it will automatically publish a ‘watch’ in their timeline, to aid content discovery.
Visitors to the channel can also post comments directly on Homebase’s Facebook page. If they log in to the channel using their Facebook ID, they will be able to see which of their friends have watched content on the channel.
Homebase has also tagged products in its videos, enabling users to click through to purchase the item via its ecommerce store and helping the retailer track sales.
The channel was devised by Mindshare and built by design agency Maido.
Social commerce is yet to gain traction in the UK, but several brands are exploring commerce on YouTube as they look to derive more commercial value from the site.
PZ Cussons-owned spa and beauty products brand The Sanctuary and fashion retailer ASOS both recently launched shoppable YouTube videos.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...